Overview of past webinars
Best Practice Webinar Series
Part 1: How to count and valuate declared Standard Essential Patents?
January 19th 2021
- How to retrieve declared SEP data?
- Which SSOs provide SEP data for which standards?
- How to match, normalize and categorize declared SEP data?
- Common pitfalls when analyzing and counting declared SEPs and what are the limitations?
- Best practices on counting declared SEP data.
- Best practices on valuating declared SEP data.
Part 2: How to count and search Standards Contribution data?
February 23rd 2021
- How to retrieve standard contribution data?
- Which SSOs provide contribution data for which standards?
- How to match, normalize and categorize and identify the status of standards contribution data?
- Common pitfalls when analyzing standard contribution data and what are the limitations?
- Best practices on counting standard contribution data.
- Best practices on valuating standard contribution data.
Part 3: How to predict Standard Essentiality?
March 30rd 2021
- How to correlate declared SEPs and standards data?
- How to make use of training data of verified essential patents from claim charts?
- Best practices on verified SEP sampling methods to calculate an essentiality share.
- Best practices on SEP prediction methods to calculate the likelihood of essentiality.
Back to Basics Summer Webinar Series
Part 1: The World of Standard Essential Patents (SEPs)
July 9th 2020
In this first part of our “IPlytics Back To Basics Summer Webinar Series”, we took a deep dive into the world of standard essential patents (SEPs). SEPs aren’t just for 4G/5G telecommunications or autonomous vehicles. Regardless of the industry you are in, everyone will need to understand that standardized technologies subject to SEPs will be the backbone of connectivity.
Part 2: The World of SSOs, IPR Policies, Patent Pools and SEP Licensing
August 11th 2020
In the second of our 3 part Summer Back To Basics Webinar series we explored the world of standard setting organizations (SSOs) IP policies, SEP licensing and patent pools. The speaker Dr. Tim Pohlmann discussed how Technical Standards are administered, presenting data and analysis on the role of the Standard Setting Organizations (SSOs) and how SSOs handle standard essential patents. He took a look at different SSO’s IP policies and bylaws and how the licensing around SEPs work. Further he explained the role of patent pools by providing examples of pools formed around standards such as HEVC and 5G. The webinar also discussed the future of SEP licensing and how data on SSOs, standards, patent pools and SEP declarations will help IP decision making.
Part 3: The World of Technical Standard Contributions
September 3rd 2020
In the last part of our Summer Series we explored all Technical Standard Contributions. On the surface, this is a little known, highly powerful data source, very much underutilized by patent and standard professionals unless their roles focus directly on this. In this webinar, IPlytics wanted to change this paradigm and make Technical Standards Contributions accessible, available and understandable to everyone.