Following the successful launch of undeclared patents for video coding technologies in LexisNexis® IPlytics‘ earlier this year, LexisNexis® Intellectual Property Solutions has expanded its IPlytics standards analytics solution to include undisclosed patents with significant potential for WiFi 4, WiFi 5, and WiFi 6 generations. This expansion enhances the IPlytics platform’s coverage of Standard Essential Patents (SEPs) across various technological domains. With the inclusion of the Semantic Essentiality Score (SES), IPlytics users gain access to additional information beyond declared or pooled data, providing better insights into the likelihood of patent essentiality to standards.
The IPlytics Undeclared Patent Universe offers easy access to a comprehensive WiFi patent landscape, supporting licensing initiatives and competition analysis. Users can gain visibility into WiFi patents, similar to the video coding patent landscape, all available in one place.
The IPlytics platform ensures transparency through the Semantic Essentiality Score (SES) which maps patents‘ independent claims with corresponding sections of the technical specifications. This process facilitates a better understanding of the importance and relevance of patents to different WiFi technology specifications. The comparison for WiFi generations required a more complex approach, combining classifications, date ranges, and targeted keywords to achieve a comprehensive representation of the true WiFi landscape. Similarly, IPlytics uses the semantic essentiality scoring process to analyze undeclared potential essential WiFi patents, paralleling the process employed for video coding. Let’s explore how it will benefit potential users.
How can Portfolio Licensing Managers Benefit from this New Feature?
– Gain insight into your competition and the wider market landscape within the WiFi industry.
– Uncover essential patents hidden behind blanket declarations.
– Modify your WiFi portfolio strategy on your own declarations based on more accessible data.
How can Licensing and Litigation professionals Leverage this New Feature?
– Understand the extent of the publicly declared patent portfolio that are declared behind blanket declarations.
– Readily identify major players in the Wi-Fi industry and their respective market share.
– Access contribution data of WiFi 4, 5, and 6 to understand better the development of standards.
– Use SES on patent portfolios of WiFi 4, 5, and 6 for a more comprehensive picture of declared and undeclared SEPs.
If you want to be at the forefront of innovation, licensing, and other business endeavors, leverage IPlytics‘ transparent and accessible data along with its powerful semantic essentiality score. IPlytics empowers you to gain the edge for the optimum success of your business.
Experience the potential of IPlytics and how it can revolutionize your understanding of patents with a personalized product demo tailored to your specific needs.
Ready to delve into the realm of WiFi technology patents? Take the next step with us now!
Write us at Info@iplytics.com
LexisNexis acquired IPlytics at the end of 2022 and continues to make strides in offering cutting-edge insights and fostering accessibility in the world of patents and standardized technology.